Friday, 18 December 2009
Evangeline visited me with a little treat from her baking.. As Evangeline as it is, the macarons were splendid, cute and pretty..
There were cocoa nibs in the chocolate ones and I have them all to myself.. Wahahaha!!!
There were little orange meringue tarts too!! :D
Thursday, 17 December 2009
1. Men are like ..Laxatives ..... They irritate the crap out of you.
2. Men are like.Bananas . The older they get, the less firm they are.
3. Men are like Weather . Nothing can be done to change them.
4. Men are like .Blenders You need One, but you're not quite sure why.
5. Men are like .Chocolate Bars .... Sweet, smooth, & they usually head right for your hips.
6. Men are like .Commercials ....... You can't believe a word they say.
7. Men are like Department Stores . Their clothes are always 1/2 off!
8. Men are like ......Government Bonds .... They take soooooooo long to mature.
9. Men are like .....Mascara . They usually run at the first sign of emotion.
10. Men are like Popcorn ..... They satisfy you, but only for a little while.
11. Men are like Snowstorms .... You never know when they're coming, how many inches you'll get or how long it will last.
12. Men are like .Lava Lamps ... Fun to look at, but not very bright.
13. Men are like Parking Spots All the good ones are taken, the rest are handicapped.
Wednesday, 9 December 2009
We ordered the warm chocolate cake too.. It was really warm… The chocolate was good… I preferred this over the souffle.. :S
Friday, 4 December 2009
The other dessert was Tiramisu with some coffee based ice cream… I think the shape of the ice cream is such a delight.. I’m so influenced by Evan… Lol… But the Tiramisu was quite authentic with its lump of mess there…
Wednesday, 2 December 2009
My first time trying it… Hope it doesn’t taste like blue cheese… :S
Cedric brought some hand picked wine… how nice! :D But I’m not a fan of red wine… So I had a bit of struggle trying to finish up my red wine.. :S
Brie Cheese was really good though… Brie is a soft cows’ cheese named after Brie,a province in France..
There is a layer of crusty white mould… Yes… mould…. It reminds me of the smell of ammonia from chemistry lessons back in school…
Adapted from Wikipedia:
ProductionBrie may be produced from whole or semi-skimmed milk. The curd is obtained by adding rennet to raw milk and heating it to a maximum temperature of 37 °C (98.6 °F). The cheese is then cast into molds, sometimes with a traditional perforated ladle called a "pelle à brie". The 20 cm mould is filled with several thin layers of cheese and drained for approximately 18 hours. The cheese is then taken out of the molds, salted, inoculated with cheese mould (Penicillium candidum orPenicillium camemberti) and/or Brevibacterium linens, and aged in a cellar for at least four to five weeks.
If left to mature for longer, typically several months to a year, the cheese becomes stronger in flavour and taste, the pâté drier and darker, and the rind also darker and crumbly, and is called Brie Noir (Fr: black Brie). Around the Île-de-France, where Brie is made, people enjoy soaking this in café au lait and eating it for breakfast. Over-ripe Brie contains an unpleasant, excessive amount of ammonia, which is produced by the same microorganisms required for ripening.
Wednesday, 25 November 2009
Our make up artist for the show…. He got everyone in the show good looking… I like the pink velcro he used to hold our hair away from our face while he did the make up… :D
The lady in the photo on the right did my hair.. :)
I totally adore the black dress I’m wearing in this photo from Skye Boutique in Orchard central… Only issue was the price tag.. :S
Tuesday, 24 November 2009
I walked in to my room and I noticed the pee on the newspaper by Mango outside my room.. On closer look.. I saw something really funny on the newspaper.. Of course none of these people said these things.. But it was funny…
Tuesday, 17 November 2009
Following one of the Japanese Websites, I tried to make a Jasmine Mont Blanc..
The whole thing was very difficult… So I won’t write the recipe.. The Jasmine mont blanc cream was very tough because it melts very easily… But the best part was the lemon curd in below the d’amandes sponge in the tard.. It was lemony and fresh… Delish… :)
The renovation from the neighbours seems to have destroyed the homes of the rats living there… And one of these “ratatouille” seemed to have escaped into my kitchen!!! EEEEEEKKKSS!!!! Grandma caught the rat with a rat cage trap… And look at this creepy thingy!!!! :S