Sunday 28 December 2008

Breakfast at Choupinette

Food bloggers were to meet at Choupinette Bukit Timah for Breakfast..
Choupinette (beside coronation plaza)
607 Bukit Timah road #01-01
Tel: 6466 0613
DSC05092 DSC05076 
Here is a good view of the quaint little bakery shop.. Check out the little decorations on the table… It has this whole provencal touch to it.
DSC05079  DSC05081
Here you see my quiche lorraine.. Its yummy good.. But it ain’t as good as the ones from Maison Rabelais. I love those!
 DSC05082 DSC05083 
Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise sauce.. Together with a chocolate dessert slice… Palais Royal. Dark chocolate with ‘crunchy praline’ Why did I put the ‘'’? Cuz there isn’t any! $6.90 for this! I might as well have a sweet pleasure!
DSC05085 DSC05086
Tarte au citron for $5.60? No no no… Meringue with bites of sugar in the meringue felt wrong.. I would prefer to head to Canele for the Tarte au citron.. That is the best one ever…
Eclair au chocolat for $5? No no for me either.. First the shape ain’t exactly the prettiest one around, next, the cream in the eclair lack a good punch of flavour in it..
DSC05087  DSC05089
Millefeuille framboise.. Translated simply, puff pastry layers with raspberry and cream.. $7 and the puff pastry was say… Less than satisfactory.. The puff pastry wasn’t fragrant enough..
Vendome at $6.90.. This was plain mousse… But it did remind me alot of my triple chocolate bailey;s cheesecake.. Maybe I can serve mine this way and charge the same premium.. :D
 DSC05090 DSC05091
$2 for cheapo magnolia ice cream with $5.90 tarte aux pommes… Again, this was a disappointment.. Reason? The ice cream ruined the pie with the horrible low quality.. There are some things which you should never compromise the quality..
Lastly, Macarons… I’m not a big fan of Macarons.. But these ones here are way below satisfaction… Take my word on that.. Look at the shape of the ones in the left platter… Its… ugly…

No comments: