Sunday 8 January 2012

Sunday Dinner with Family: Bak Chor Mee and Roast Pork

My parents were away in Guangzhou for the weekend, and I had an urge to cook a dinner for my closer family like Aunt Nicole and Uncle Ah Siong.. So I ask for their request for the food they would like to eat. My sister requested Bak Chor Mee. Auntie Nicole requested for Sukiyaki and grilled Fish... I decided to try the Bak Chor Mee cuz it seems like a challenge and the family food at home was always mee Siam and Chicken Rice.. Time for a change... So we had Bak Chor Mee... But the bak Chor Mee involves loads of ingredients which cannot be found such as pork lard and fried pork fat (猪油渣)... So I had to make those myself. How? By making Crispy Skin Roast Pork (烧肉)I must say this was one of the best attempts I had. Little mess. And I could extract the pork lard from the fats that melted from the Crispy Skin Pork. Hehehe... Sin sin sin...
 
Was kinda afraid the chinese food wouldnt meet my husband's palate.. So I made a few of his favourite Mimosa.. I should have used a piping tip. though.. The Ziplock bag piping trick was not so good... :S
Got a little carried away preparing for the Bak chor Mee... But this is it... The alst bowl, mine... Doesnt look very nice I guess?

No comments: