Monday 22 October 2007

Baking Dilemma...


Kai Qi's birthday cake was really beautiful... With very little cream.. Just a flat layer spread over each slice... But it was at the expense of holding the cake together... Those people who saw me cut the cake realised that the cake toppled very easily onto the plate, showing the three layers separating... It was kind of my style of cakes.. Since I'm so health conscious and all...

But what is the purpose of cream? Well, cakes are generally something dry, so cream does help in making it a little more moist. Cream are also a good form of deco.. Just add a drop of food colouring, and there you go, BAM! Piping bags and nozzle to create nice patterns for the cake... On top of that, the are sinfully tasty... The richness of the cream, butter or whatever type of topping being used just oozes... U may taste the oiliness(except for whipped cream), but its really good....

But would you forgo these benefits to enjoy ur cake without any worries about the calories? Or would you just have your cake and enjoy it, ignoring all these 'fattening' issues? Hmmm... So, Please help me by taking the poll on the left... It will help me to think of ways to decorate my cakes... :D

But think of it again, how much can you gain from that amount of cream? Lol... Oh well, let's hope there's enough votes for me to make a judgement....

No comments: