Tuesday 19 February 2008

19th Feb 2008-24th Feb 2008: Knowing new people...

19th Feb 2008
This box of cute strawberries found its way to my table.. It happens to be another box of sweet memories from my Japanese best friend, AKIKO!!!! :D

This day is special cuz its my two years anniversary with Dave... but yet we're spending it apart...

20th Feb 2008
I finally met Sakata-san, the man Elvin has been bugging me to meet... After meeting Sakata-san, I finally knew why I had to meet him.. He's a really nice man.. Believe me.. If i told you this man's age, you wouldn't believe.. Hint: Sakata has five grand children.. We went for an expensive dinner at a restaurant near Hiroshima station.. Thanks to Ian, our tall and handsome sports car driving senior from ntu and Sakata-san, we had a nice meal...
Left to right: Jackie, Choon, Me, Ian, Sakata-san and Hiromi-chan

After our meal, we went for karaoke.. You would be surprised by the range of chinese and english songs on top of the japanese songs they provided.. shock**



Japanese Karaokes are different because they have tamborines and that shaky thingy.. what is it called? Maracas? ITs quite some fun making a whole of of noises.. Here's me and Hiromi-chan! This is the wireless tap machine for you to search and select the songs...




Say Chex!! Oooops.. Looks like someone got fat... Time to lose weight!!!


Here's Sakata-san and Claire who got mad... Lol... You wun believe this man's age manx....


22nd Feb 08: 大久保さんのアパート(OOkubo's apartment)




If there was one thing that Japan can sell cheaper than Singapore, it would be strawberries.. I was lucky to grab a punnet from pro-mart for 198 yen which is just $2.80? They're sweet, pretty and tasty!!!


Work is tough, but worth it.. cuz I could look forward to going to visit Ookubo's house.. Hearsay news is he has the biggest TV and homiest apartment.. Looks like I will fin out the truth for myself.. :D


I met Hiromi-san at Tenmaya.. And we agreed to meet back at my beloved suncourt while ookubo aka oh!kun aka tatchan drove hiromi-chan to his place.. After picking me from suncourt, we made our way to Fresta where Hiromi bought ingredients to cook for us...


And as expected, Ookubo-san does have a very nice house!!! It has a nice toilet, which has the lavatory separated from the bath.. And ookubo's house smells as good as his car.. I love the smell cuz it makes me feel like i'm on the aircraft.. Lol... Look the the two rabbit looking things on the right, second from the bottom... Those are slt and pepper grinders.. Aren't they cute? :D And we had cakes from Maison Rabelais which tasted absolutely fantastic!!!



23rd Feb 08: Snow Snow Snow



Its a sat, and i spent an entire day at Maison Rabelais.. Well, afternoon jap lessons in Hiroshima gokusai centre... One of my fave teachers here..



Amazing thing is i saw Mirai senpai doing something... Looks like another chocolate drawing masterpiece...
Voila!!! She drew this with chocolate on chocolate!!! Ain't it amazing?
Spot the difference!!!
And by the time I headed home, it was snowing really heavily.. It was so cold... and torturous to cycle...

Look at what snow did to me... :(

24th Feb 2008: Maison Rabelais..

I woke up to make chocolate coated strawberries for some special people like Akiko, Hiromi, Ookubo, Chef, Hashimoto-san and wife.. believe me.. All wrapping materials in the picture below is recycled

Nothing special after that.. Just wrapped cakes at Maison Rabelais.. But our head chef received some presents from a desert stall named mikuni... Its a pack of macarons and corn cake..
Never expect corn to go with cake, but this somehow blended perfectly...



No comments: