Sunday 6 April 2008

宮島のお花見: Miyajima's Ohanami

Well, actually, this doesn't really count as an ohanami since we just simply walked around miyajima... But there were 8 of us on this trip.. Since Hiromi was kinda late, Tat-chan and I waited for her while Choon, Hashimoto-san and his wife, Choon's senior william and his gf Miwako-san.. So after Hiromi came, we simply boarded the ferry heading for Miyajima.. And while I was on the Ferry, I spotted Mango look alike!!! So cute!!!!

These two toy poodles are more toy like than my mangoちゃん(chan)!!!

And we finally arrived in Miyajima.. So here's a photo of me and Hiromi chan.. The second time to Miyajima seemed less spectacular... But this place is actually one of the top three must visit places in Japan...

Mainly due to the free roaming deers lazing around in Spring.. Haha...
One thing is different this time round.... Sakuras!!!!!
Sakuras just made everything in Miyajima look more beautiful!!!
Including ugly me.. Hahaha!!
This sakura is different fromt he usual ones.. This one is called 枝垂桜(Shidare-zakura) Which means that the sakura is hanging downwards loosely.. As you see the 漢字、枝垂 means sticks hanging down.. 垂=chui(2) not chui(3)(cold...)

This is the normal sakuras we can see almost everywhere, can't remember the name.. But I think Shidarezakura are one of the most beautiful variety...

After a long walk, we had a chance to seat at a nice 喫茶店 (kissaten).. Hashimoto-san was so nice to treat me to cheesecake!!! But I found it a little too hard and not sweet enough...
And here, you see itsukushima in the background.. I still havent had the chance to enter till now... boohoo... but you can see in the mountains, there are little white patches, those are sakuras!!!
Here is a group shot of everyone except Hashimoto-san and junko san.. Second guy from the right is william with his japanese gf.. So sweet right? William is a half japanese.. And Miwako's time in Singapore gave her a Singaproe accent in English.. So cute...
Choon caught this nice shot... I thought it was pretty nicely captured...

Sakura entries are ending soon... Boohoo... :S But newer entries coming soon!!!!
More photos:

No comments: